Sunday, March 18, 2012

Suspending New Blog Entries

As of March 2012, I will be not adding any additional news items to the Trails of Halifax Regional Municipality blog. All future posts will be made to the Hiking Trails of Nova Scotia blog.

This is partly due to time constraints; I originally had hoped to maintain one blog for each book title, but have found that to require more thought and time than I had expected. More importantly, it is really because all three of my Nova Scotia hiking guide titles: Trails of Halifax Regional Municipality, Hiking Trails of Cape Breton, and Hiking Trails of Mainland Nova Scotia, are complimentary works. The first contains 30 routes of 10km or less found within the boundaries of Halifax; the second features 40 walking routes on Cape Breton Island; the third includes 60 hiking options spread throughout the mainland of Nova Scotia.

Combined, these three books offer detailed descriptions of 130 different hikes in every corner of the province of Nova Scotia. Accordingly, since they are, really, a set, I will make posting for each on a combined blog: Hiking Trails of Nova Scotia.

I will, however, post any corrections to the trail descriptions found in Trails of Halifax Regional Municipality on this site, although I will almost certainly post them on the other blog as well.

I hope you enjoy whichever of the books you happen to use to find hiking locations in Nova Scotia, and invite you to comment on anything you wish about Nova Scotia's trails. I also recommend that you check out Hike Nova Scotia for more information on how to join an organized walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment